Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wood stove & baking oven???

Permaculture is more then just about organic gardening methods that seem odd. It is also about doing things from the home, outwards that take care of the 3 basic principles. People share, Earth share, Earth care. Yeah I know, it sounds very 'hippie' to some of you, but Permaculture is very much about being practical for ourselves & that's something I want to show you.

I swung by the Cob Cottage website and saw someone had created wood stove baking oven / masonry heater that heats his under insulated home and keeps warmth even till morning now. The link is over at Hand Print Press.

http://www.handprintpress.com/resources/ovens/

Now personally, I would of gone a different way with the art, but I certainly applaud him for his ingenuity and creativity to make something so practical as well as useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment