Thursday, August 18, 2011

Permaculture for Victory!

I remember growing up when I was a more aspiring artist in the NYC area where I became a spoiled foodie, the posters for Victory gardens as well as my favorite WW2 era poster art, "Grow Hemp for Victory". It seems to me now that our country can use those slogans again.

I tried today for over 1/2 an hour to find the guidelines at the USDA for Organic growers, what a nightmare. Considering we tax paying US citizens actually pay for someone to go around and spot check compost pile temps; I am more inclined to do for myself now. Then again those same yahoo's also legalized Roundup & other chemicals known to persist through animal waste, composting efforts, and then destroy full on farms. USDA is supposed to protect, and it fails in this case. I never did find those guidelines which, for organic farming you would think are fairly simple, yet I know of cases of organic farmers market growers that actually use Roundup on their farms.

With that result of my taxes, I feel my fellow Americans can once again use a slogan to help themselves, not just for the short term, but for the long term, and that slogan should be, "Create Permaculture for Victory!"


No comments:

Post a Comment