Thursday, February 16, 2012

I Actually Care About You...

I spent the morning viewing the cruelty of humans in a video game. Nothing ever changes when you can't physically see the person. Some people just don't care who they hurt so long as they can't see them. I guess this is the same condition that allows us humans to ignore painful truths and reality about the world around us.

So, in order to turn my disdain on end, or my frown upside down I proceeded to work outside because as Geoff Lawton once said, "All the worlds problems can be solved in a garden." I got 10 new strawberry plants transplanted today. Red onions , beets, corn salad, and fava beans were planted. This time of the year we have so much to do as farmers. We need to sow seeds, transplant, & care for so many other things.

And that's really what it comes down to, caring. I care what I eat, what my family eats, what my friends and loved ones eat. I even care what the people whom have harmed me in the past, & future eat. I care that people I have never met have good healthy food because if I don't care, who will anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment