Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shaking things up

My wife and I decided to shake things up and change how we are doing things. First of all, no more greenhouse along the south wall of our home to heat it in winter. I am still pushing for that, but in the mean time, I decided to work smaller towards that end. First thing we are doing it making raised plant beds along the entire south side. They 4' wide, 8' long with a 24" gap between them. They are roughly 16" high.

They are loosely based on this video series which starts with this video link to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugFd1JdFaE0

The beds I am making now will mostly be used for mid-summer and fall. The beds being used now on the property will be converted to the system outlined in the video above however rows will conform to the land so as to use the best methods possible to capture water, but more on that later and how we do it. ((think Autumn for that update)).

No comments:

Post a Comment